Mulberry Autumn/Winter 2012-13, London Fashion Week


“I’m always obsessed by movies and so we took some of Tim Walker’s The Lost Explorer as well as I wanted it to be really textural with hand knits and different types of fur. We’re a British company so I wanted to make the outerwear really strong. I always think a winter show should actually be for winter,” said Mulberry creative director Emma Hill after the show – where she was joined by Vogue cover girl Del Rey who was sporting her new specially designed Del Rey bag (you know you’ve made it when a bag is named after you).


“It’s always nice to work with a brand with integrity and it’s a real honour,” said Del Rey, her signature long red talons in tow. “We had lots of meetings and talked about the inspiration for my record and I always wear white on stage,” hence the colour of her version. “As I say, I am really obsessed by film and when I saw her video for Video Games I thought, ‘I need to meet this person’. I felt we looked at things in the same sort of way and when I heard the song I had to meet her – which was really important,” explained Hill, noting it wasn’t a collaboration in the traditional sense – Mulberry doesn’t do collaborations as such. “It’s not like I’m going to sing a song with her,” reasoned Hill.


“It had to be very Mulberry and I wanted it to look like it had always been there,” continued Hill, pointing out the use of ostrich to reflect Lana’s glamour and the gold detailing to signal her penchant for bling.
Back to the collection, and it was glossy yet fun with teddy bear coats and tiger prints, plenty of touch-me textures and later cone-bust sculpted dresses in shades of orange to give that warm autumnal spirit.
“It felt really polished,” said Vogue’s Sarah Harris. “There was lots of fur rendered in shapes and styles that were young and modern and where Mulberry should be.”








Share This :

Related Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. missbusinesscasual - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger